Welcome to RatioBlog!

Thanks for finding this blog and taking the time to read the first fifteen words. Here I intend to post my ongoing attempts to make sense of the world and those within it.

Friday, May 4, 2007

Faith: entitled to respect without question?

I've just listened to this piece of trenchant good sense on my iPod. I find myself in complete agreement with Professor Dawkins. If I were to stand up and make not only a series of claims about the universe, but also a series of demands governing the behaviour of those who inhabit it, then I would expect to be called upon to justify my comments through reasoned argument. If I could not provide such justification, or if I simply refused to, then I would expect to be ignored. It is about time we all started applying that principle equitably and universally.

No comments: